She's got a really great set up and swing, it looks like she's a gun, when you watch her swing, this is really a good looking golfer here. Johnny Miller (Commenting on Patricia's game on the NBC Live telecast at the 2001 U.S. Women's Open)
She is a very solid player, I love everything about her. I love her golf swing and I love her putting stroke and how she keeps her putter low thru the stroke, her transition is so good. Donna Caponi (Golf Channel Commentator, 4 time U.S. Open winner, World golf hall of fame. Recognized as a one of the top all time player/teachers. Commenting on Patricia's game on the golf channel during an LPGA Tournament)
Tour Tested Golf Coaching
The toughest teaching and professional playing standards in golf. Who's standards do you want coaching your game?
Tour Tested Golf Coaching places a considerable emphasis on both instructional and practical experience. We value instructors who have a strong background in teaching, coupled with a high level competitive playing experience on a major tour. What is one without the other? For us, quality means you're able to perform the skills you teach with the world's best. Specifically speaking, on the PGA and LPGA tour. The lessons learned on the most rigorous training ground in the golf world are not found in a city, state or even nationwide competition. It comes only by competing against the best players in the world.
Out of the 23000+ golf instructors in the U.S., less than 1% have PGA or LPGA tour experience on their resume. Too many of today's teachers lack in their background the experience of both competing and excelling at a high competitive professional level. We take our playing standards even further. Statistics tell us the odds of an individual qualifying and playing on a PGA or LPGA tour are 1 in 7 million.
Long before the mass influx of endorsement money and prize winnings for tour players, the incentive for the best players in the world was to pass on their knowledge and scoring ability to individual students. The majority of U.S. Open winners and Masters Winners before 1958 were nearly all private golf instructors. This was the norm decades ago. Byron Nelson Gene Sarazen, Jimmy Demaret, Ben Hogan, Claude Harmon, Craig Wood, Paul Runyan, Jackie Burke Jr, Ken Venturi, Cary Middlecoff and Gardner Dickinson are just a few that come to mind. These tour players are still referenced today. These legends of the game were experts at their craft and taught from real experience formed in the trenches of world class competition. They then passed on their knowledge through personal lessons and individual coaching. They not only talked the talk, but they also walked the walk. Even with the best diagnostic tools and research teachers have today, you still have to get the ball in the hole.
Present-day instructors consistently refer to these great players of prior generations. Commending both their championship winning skill and impressive teaching ability, they serve as shining examples to us today. When an individual personally competes against the best golfers in the world, truth and myth become alarmingly clear. It is precisely this type of experience that will allows instructors to train, inform, and empower their students.
Keeping with this time-tested philosophy, Tour Tested Golf Coaching is committed to bringing you instructors who are both great teachers and an exceptional playing background. Because, when it comes to your game, only the best will do.
Tour Tested Golf Coaching Teaching and Playing Standards:
1. LIFETIME PGA TOUR OR LPGA TOUR MEMBER.
2. MUST HAVE SEVEN OR MORE YEARS OF PLAYING EXPERIENCE ON A MAJOR TOUR.
3. INDIVIDUALS MUST HAVE AT LEAST TEN YEARS OF INSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE BEFORE PLAYING ON TOUR.
4. EACH CANDIDATE MUST STUDY AND HONE THEIR SKILLS UNDER AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT TOP TEN GOLF INSTRUCTORS OVER THEIR PLAYING CAREER. THIS INCLUDES: STUDYING THEIR PHILOSOPHY AND TEACHING METHODS, HONING THEIR SKILLS TO BREAK THRU TO THE NEXT LEVEL, AND OBSERVING AND TEACHING OTHER STUDENTS AT ALL LEVELS.
5. MUST HAVE WORKED IN THE GOLF FITNESS INDUSTRY AS A PERSONAL CERTIFIED TRAINER UNDER A TOP GOLF FITNESS INSTRUCTOR AT LEAST TWO YEARS.
6. WHILE ON TOUR, INDIVIDUALS MUST CONTINUE TO WORK WITH TOP-NOTED FITNESS INSTRUCTORS IN THE INDUSTRY.
7. MUST HAVE WORKED WITH A TOP SPORTS PSYCHOLOGISTS FOR AT LEAST TEN YEARS PRIOR TO APPLICATION.
8. HAVE A SPORTS PSYCHOLOGIST CADDY FOR YOU IN AT LEAST THREE TOURNAMENTS, OBSERVING YOUR GAME AND YOUR ABILITY TO PERFORM UNDER PRESSURE.
9. HAVE A SUCCESSFUL JUNIOR CAREER OR COLLEGE GOLF CAREER. I.E. STATE CHAMPION, TWENTY WINS, OR COLLEGE ALL-AMERICAN. PLACE IN THE TOP TWENTY JUNIOR WORLD GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP.
10. WIN ON PGA, LPGA TOUR, MINI-TOUR, OR TOP TEN ON THE MONEY LIST ON A DESIGNATED PGA OR LPGA SATELLITE TOUR.
11. MUST QUALIFY AND PLAY IN AT LEAST TWELVE MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS THAT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- U.S. OPEN
- US AMATEUR
- BRITISH OPEN
- PGA OR LPGA CHAMPIONSHIPS.
12. MUST BE A CERTIFIED DR. RICK JENSEN & HENRY BRUNTON'S GOLF COACH & TPI CERTIFIED.
13. MUST CONTINUE TO IMPROVE EFFECTIVE MOTOR SKILL LEARNING AND EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTOR TO STUDENT COMMUNICATION.
14. A CERTIFIED LEVEL 2 TRACKMAN UNIVERSITY PROFESSIONAL
AT Tour Tested Golf Coaching, this is our standard, why not make it yours?